After recently relocating from the Boston area to Los Angeles, I’m currently looking for full time or freelance work in blogging, copy writing, social media, administration, transcribing, data entry, or any other position where money is exchanged for services rendered.
For over two years, I have maintained my personal comedic blog, Brunch for Every Meal, where I write funny and original content daily, setting regular goals so my blog continues to grow in followers and hit counts. If I work this hard on a hobby, imagine how great I’ll do if you’re paying me!
As a recent(ish) college graduate, I specialize in writing for the Generation Y demographic, yet I can also tailor my voice to accommodate the needs of your unique business or project. If “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” jokes aren’t appropriate for the assignment, I will leave them out. I can even leave out all jokes if you prefer (but you might really like my jokes, so just think about it).
In addition to blogging, I have experience with other types of digital media including writing and producing comedic videos, something I learned while I studied at Emerson College and Chicago’s famed Second City. I am obsessed with all types of pop culture, with a special passion for social media, television, movies, and the Jodi Arias murder trial.
I am positive, easy-going, and a dedicated worker who never misses a deadline. My mother and I are very confident that I would be an asset to your company and/or your Thursday night bar trivia team.
EMERSON COLLEGE Boston, MA — May 2011
Bachelor of Arts in Theatre Studies: Performance
Minor in Writing, Literature, and Publishing
SECOND CITY’S COLLEGE COMEDY STUDIES Chicago, IL — Fall 2010
Received 16 college credits in comedic writing and performance
BRUNCHFOREVERYMEAL.COM Los Angeles, CA — Jan. 2010-Present
A lifestyle blog with a comedic slant on dating and pop culture
- Write and edit posts for an audience of over 1,000 subscribers
- Featured blogger on WordPress.com’s homepage
PRESTON MARKETING CORPORATION Boston, MA — Feb. 2012-Feb. 2013
- Promoted client wine and beer brands via marketing samples at events
- Educated consumers about the brand, varieties, and possible food pairings
BOSTON.COM Boston, MA — Dec. 2011-April 2012
- Pitched and contributed weekly articles for Boston.com’s blog, The Next Great Generation
CAMPUSLIVE.COM/DAILYBREAK.COM Boston, MA — Dec. 2011
Freelance Content Creator
- Developed pop culture trivia contests geared towards college students
- Wrote light-hearted, witty copy for each game
SQUIRES STAFFING/NAGLER GROUP Nashua, NH — July 2011-Nov. 2012
- Assisted clientele as they entered office and via multi-line phone system
- Performed various filing and data management tasks
CHEAPFLIGHTS.COM Boston, MA — Fall 2008
- Aided the editorial team in researching information for travel articles
- Contributed blog posts for the website
Computer: Mac and PC; proficient in Microsoft Office and iWork, FinalDraft,
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Vine, Instagram
Extensive knowledge in CMS, WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, SEO targeted writing, Adwords, Analytics