Let’s talk about the only thing I care about right now, The Jinx; or, Did You Hear That? It’s The Death Rattle of Sarah Koenig.
If you haven’t seen all of The Jinx; or The Masterpiece That Was Gifted To Andrew Jarecki Through No Merit of His Own then please move along. You, you sweet reader, are the luckiest of us all. You get to experience every episode for the very first time. Enjoy it. Cherish it. Stay away from all media outlets lest your deliciously ignorant eyes be tainted by spoilers. Goodbye, and return to me after your journey through a world you could never imagine.
Now that those losers are gone, let’s get down to brass tacks. Or brass tax? Like brads you use to fasten paper together or the taxation of brass? We’ll never know. Here’s my thoughts as they come because I can’t even organize my thoughts on this, there are too many.
- Did the full weight of how terrifying the American justice system crush you after they talked to that Galveston jury member in the last episode and he was just like, “yeck-yeck-yeck, I’m from Texas, Robert Durst seems like a cool, innocent city slicker!” Even that horrible son-figure of Susan Berman finally came to Jesus and did the right thing by the end, though I hope he is haunted by his choices for the rest of his life and in his final moments on Earth he is visited by the spirit of Susan who will tell him that she forgives him, but God does not and Robert Durst appears, takes his hand and escorts him to Hell. If there’s an after life, of course.
- I have a certain level of respect for Robert because every time Andrew Jarecki called him and just said “it’s Jarecki,” Bob always replied with “Hello, Andrew.” I mean that man definitely killed at least 5 people and probably countless cats, but he never let that human personification of a dyed goatee get away with something almost as bad as murder.
- Oh yeah, Jarecki The Garbage Monster neglected to mention that Bobbie almost definitely had something to do with the disappearance of 2 teenage girls. Or that he left a severed cat head on the door step of the judge presiding over the Galveston trial. OR that he got arrested once for peeing on a candy rack in a CVS!!!!
- WHY DIDN’T JARECKI EVER REVISIT THAT LITTLE TIDBIT ABOUT ROBERT DURST’S FATHER TAKING HIM OUTSIDE TO WATCH HIS MOTHER JUMP TO HER DEATH?! This is arguably the reason WHY he is a serial killer!!! I hate Jarecki so much.
- Loved that “Annie” poster at the train station.
- When that prosecutor with the weave was all “sonovabitch” when she saw the two “Beverley Hills” envelopes.
- DEBRAH LEE CHARATANNNNN! Forever and ever, amen.
One last thing, as much as I hate Jarecki, watch the documentary on Hulu Plus called Capturing The Friedmans. It nearly ruined his career because it’s just another indication of what an imbecile he is, but it’s soooo good despite that little weasel because the subjects are Durst-level wacky.