No matter who you are or what you believe in, we can all agree on a couple key issues: 1. The most important thing in life is love. 2. An up-and-comer named Bill Clinton has sufficiently ended our search for the perfect man to play Christian Grey, and 3. Animals dressed like people doing people-y things are sooo funny.
In the same way that dogs playing poker or monkeys wearing make-up is funny to me, sometimes I like to enjoy a giggle over the thought of boys doing girlish things. I don’t mean they’re dressed like girls and it’s not such stereotypically feminine activities like a guy getting his nails done. I heard Tom Brady enjoys a nice mani/pedi from time-to-time, and he can gently swipe a stray eyelash from cheek with those finely manicured fingers any day (“Make a wish, baby.” “My wish already came true, Tommy. And he’s sitting right here feeding me Triscuits”).
I’m talking about stuff that isn’t really gender specific at all, but I could never imagine a guy doing by himself or with friends. Like:
- Eating only steel cut oats and egg whites (or just grapefruit and skim milk. or just meth amphetamine and ice cubes) for a week because they might be seeing someone they’d like to impress or need to fit into a particularly sexy outfit.
- Getting ready with friends before a night out, singing some Beyonce, sipping on Skinnygirl margaritas and plotting outfits (as in: “you can’t wear that because it’s so and so’s birthday and you can’t outshine her.” Did you boys know that that’s a real sentence we have to say out loud sometimes)?
- Sitting around doing really scientific and reliable quizzes from a Maxim Mag (what’s that? Men’s Magazines don’t really print quizzes unless they are intrinsically ironic? Then how do you know if you’re Good Boy Hot or Bad Boy Hot)?!
- Wearing Spanx. Or Yummie Tummies. I don’t get why men aren’t concerned about whether their tummy is yummy. I care if my tummy is yummy. I care if their tummy is yummy. If I have to choose between full fat beer or a girdle so should they!
- Speaking of Yummie Tummie, I got to thinking about Yummie Tummies and found myself on YummieLife.com, and before I knew it, I had entered this (also something I can’t see a straight man doing):
Guys, I just want to dish with Heatherrrrr!
Now, if you are a man and do any of these things, it is important that you let me know in the comments. Particularly if you entered the Yummie Tummie sweepstakes because we can go in on this together. If I win I’ll take you, and if you win you take me. Deal-skies?